The Greatest Firm You can Trust

Montaño Law Group

A trusted ally in navigating the intricate intersections of law and immigration, providing tailored legal solutions with expertise and compassion.

The Attorneys You Want On Your Side

Expert immigration attorneys dedicated to safeguarding your rights and navigating complex legal pathways with precision and care.

About me

Anthony Montaño is the Founder of Montaño Law Group, P.C., representing and helping the immigrant community navigate the complexity of U.S. immigration processes and representing them in all aspects of immigration procedures. Born and raised here in New York City and coming from parents who immigrated from Colombia and Peru, he understands how frustrating and difficult navigating the immigration system can be.  

For nearly 10 years, Anthony has worked in the immigration law field and has helped hundreds of families, businesses, and professionals with their immigration needs. Anthony focuses his client approach on setting realistic expectations and developing obtainable legal goals to meet the needs of his clients while remaining empathetic and sympathetic to the current realities that so many immigrants face in a new county.

Prior to founding Montaño Law Group, P.C., Anthony worked as an Associate at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, where he applied immigration and employment laws to assess case types and counsel strategy of non-immigrant and immigrant visa status for corporate clients and their foreign national employees.  

Anthony also served as an Associate at other immigration firms where he counseled individual clients seeking immigration relief before the Federal Immigration Court in connection with various types of immigration procedures, including, U-visa, VAWA, cancellation of removal, deportation defense, asylum applications, and family-based petitions (I-130, K-visas).

Anthony received his Juris Doctor degree from Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University and his Bachelors of Science Degree from Ithaca College and is a Combat Veteran of the United States Army.

Anthony Montaño

Founder & Senior Lawyer

Successful Cases
Cases Closed
Trusted Clients
Expert Teams

Legal Practice Areas

Explore our comprehensive range of legal expertise, covering a spectrum of immigration matters, ensuring tailored solutions to meet your unique needs with precision and proficiency.


If you are unable or unwilling to return back to your home country because you experienced persecution or have reasonable fear of persecution due to your Political Opinion, Religion, Race, Nationality, or you a Member of a Particular Social group that is known to the general population, then you might be eligible to qualify for Asylum.

Work Permits

There are over 20 + options in which someone can obtain your employment authorization document, or “work permit.” The most common ways are:

  • Applying for Asylum
  • Applying for TPS
  • Marriage based Green Card Applications

Call us to see if you might qualify.


As Designated by the U.S. Government, some nations are given TPS because the country is experiencing: 

  • Ongoing armed conflict (civil war) 
  • Environmental Disasters (earthquakes, hurricanes,), epidemic 
  • Other extraordinary and temporary conditions 


Please check here if your country is designated for TPS and contact us to help you with your TPS application. 

Cancelation of Removal

If you are in removal proceedings, you may be eligible for non-LPR cancellation if you have been continuously residing in the United States for at least 10 years prior to the issuance of the Notice to Appear placing you in removal proceedings, you have been a person of good moral character, you have not been convicted of certain criminal offenses, and to deport you would cause exceptional and extremely unusual hardship to your LPR or U.S. citizen spouse, child, or parent. If you are granted non-LPR cancellation of removal, you will receive a green card.

Individuals who entered the United States without inspection are eligible for non-LPR cancellation.

Immigration Waivers

Some individuals are not eligible to be admitted to the United States as an immigrant or to adjust status in the United States. The INA  §212(a) identifies a long list of grounds of inadmissibility. 

If you entered without inspection or parole then you will need a specific waiver for the unlawful presence 

  • I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver – If you have been sponsored for a green card by your spouse, child, parent, or employer, but are ineligible to adjust your status in the United States because you do not have proof of your entry into the United States, you may be eligible to file an application for a provisional unlawful presence waiver with USCIS while you are in the United States. This waiver is also available if you overstayed your visa and are seeking to adjust your status in a preference category, or you entered the United States as a K-1 fiancé or crewman. 


  • Approval of the provisional unlawful presence waiver will allow you to travel outside the United States to attend your Embassy interview without triggering the 3/10-year unlawful presence bar and then return to the United States as a green card holder once the Embassy issues an immigrant visa to you. You are eligible to apply for a provisional unlawful presence waiver if you can show extreme hardship to your U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent parent(s) and/or spouse. Children are not included as qualifying relatives for a provisional unlawful presence waiver. 

Marriage/Family based Green Cards

Military Parole-in-Place – If you entered the United States without inspection and you are the spouse, widow(er), parent, son or daughter of an active-duty personnel or veteran of the U.S. armed forces or Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve, you may be eligible to obtain an entry document (I-94) from USCIS allowing you to apply to adjust your status in the United States.

245(i) Adjustment – If you, your parents (when you were under the age of 21), or your spouse or former spouse, were the beneficiary of a qualifying immigrant visa petition (I-130, I-360 or I-140) or application for labor certification filed on or before April 30, 2001, you may be eligible to adjust your status under section 245(i) of the Immigration & Nationality Act as a grandfathered alien.

VAWA (Battered Spouse Petition)

The immigration provisions of VAWA allow certain battered spouses to file for immigration relief without the abusive spouse’s assistance or knowledge, in order to seek safety and independence from the abuser. 

  • If you have been the victim of battery or extreme cruelty committed against you by: 
  • U.S. citizen / Permanent Resident spouse or former spouse;  
  • U.S. citizen / Permanent Resident parent, or  
  • U.S. citizen son or daughter, you may be eligible to apply to adjust your status in the United States based on your self-petition for a Green Card under the provisions of the federal Violence Against Women Act. 

Please contact us to determine if you might qualify for this immigration benefit. 

U-Visa – Victims of Serious Crimes

You might be eligible to apply for U-Visa nonimmigrant status and ultimately a Green Card, If: 

  • You have been a victim of certain serious crimes, and  
  • Have cooperated with law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of the perpetrator.  

Criminal Activities Eligible for U-Visa Status as approved by USCIS

  • Felonious Assault 
  • Abduction 
  • Blackmail 
  • False Imprisonment 
  • Stalking 
  • Perjury 
  • Rape 
  • Sexual Assault 
  • Sexual Exploitation
  • Abusive Sexual Contact 
  • Extortion 
  • Manslaughter 
  • Hostage 
  • Incest 
  • Involuntary Servitude 
  • Kidnapping 
  • Murder 
  • Obstruction of Justice
  • Slave Trade
  • Torture
  • Trafficking
  • Witness Tampering
  • Unlawful Criminal Restraint
  • Female Genital Mutilation
  • Peonage
  • You will be eligible to apply for your Green Card after holding U visa status for three years. 
  • Family members may also qualify for U-Visa and a Green Card. 

SIJ (Special Immigrant Juvenile Status)

Someone may qualify for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status if: 

  • They are a person under the age of 21;  
  • They are not married; and  
  • Have been abandoned, abused or neglected by one or both parents. 


If you or someone you know that description, they may be eligible. This special program combines efforts of the state family courts along with federal immigration courts to protect juveniles. Please contact us today to see if you qualify. 

Business Immigration

Non-Immigrant Visas
  • H-1B Specialty Occupational Visa
    • A tool for U.S. employers to recruit professional talent with the requisite educational  Background needed for the specific job opportunities the employer seeks to fill.
  • L-1 visa – Intracompany transfers
    • Is a tool that U.S. employers with foreign affiliates or partners in order to transfer either executive level, managers, or those with specialized knowledge of company functions qualify for temporary relocation to the U.S. help advance the companies U.S. endeavors.
  • E-3s
    • Designated for professional Australian nationals.
  • TN Visa
    • Designated for professional Canadian and Mexican nationals in the areas of Medicine, Science, or other Professional occupations.
  • O Immigrant Visa class 
    • O-1A is designated for those with extraordinary ability, who are documented to be at top of their fields in Business, Science, Education, or Athletics. 
    • O-1B is designated for individuals of extra ordinary abilities in the arts or motion picture/television industry. 
  • P-1 Visa
    • You may temporarily work in the U.S. as an athlete or entertainer under the P-1 visa 
      • The P-1A visa category applies to internationally recognized athletes coming to the U.S. temporarily (individually or as a team) to perform at a specific athletic competition, at an internationally recognized level of performance.
      • The P-1B visa category applies to foreign nationals coming to the U.S. temporarily to perform as a member of an entertainment group that has been recognized internationally as outstanding in the discipline for a substantial period of time. 
  • H-2A/H-2B
    • Designated for U.S. employer’s who seek temporary labor in the agriculture
      industry or other industries that are either:
      • One-time occurrence 
      • Season Need 
      • Peakload Need 
      • Intermittent Need 


Employment based Green Card options 

  • EB-1 – Employment Based First Preference Category 
    • Aliens with Extraordinary ability in Business, Arts, Sciences, Athletics, or Entertainment 
    • Aliens who are Outstanding Professors and Researchers 
    • Certain Aliens who are Multinational Executives or Managers 
  • EB-2 Employment Based Second Preference 
    • Aliens who are Members of the Profession holding an Advanced Degree 
    • Aliens of Exceptional Ability 
  • EB-3 Employment Based Third Preference 
    • Skilled Workers 
    • Professionals 
    • Unskilled Workers 
  • PERM Labor Certification Applications 
    • Labor certification process that many employers must go through to successfully hire foreign workers to permanently move to and work in the United States. 
    • PERM is required for employers seeking to hire those who fall within the Second (EB-2) and Third (EB-3) Preference categories for employment immigration visas. It’s the first step employers hiring foreign workers under those categories must meet. 
    • ** for EB-2 NIW, the PERM process is by-passed 

Criminal Defense

Although some criminal defendants think that they can beat the system on their own, having an experienced criminal defense lawyer on your side gives you a better chance of preserving your legal rights. If you have been charged with a crime, contact us immediately.

The investigative phase of our representation begins the moment a client hires us. We delve into police reports, obtain forensic testimony, and identify weaknesses in the prosecution’s case. We work closely with our clients, discussing events and gathering all details pertinent to the defense. Hard work and a thorough approach opens doors to uncovering vital evidence. Our primary role as a criminal defense lawyer is to unearth evidence that creates doubt .

A criminal conviction is often grounds for deportation or removal of a person in the country without permission. The Immigration Service also considers criminal history if an individual applies for any discretionary immigration benefit (a work visa, permanent residence or citizenship).

If you have been charged with a crime, contact attorney, Maria Gorman as soon as possible. Whether defending a client against a misdemeanor, DWI/DUI charges, a felony drug crime, or fighting for a defendant’s freedom in aggravated felony allegations, the outcome of our efforts affects the individual’s life.

Maria Gorman is a Criminal defense attorney with hearing and trial experience. Maria has been successful in dismissing cases based on speedy trial violations, including resisting arrest, assault, and bad DWI cases. Maria is committed and will fight for you no matter how bad the case. Maria represents all misdemeanors and D&E felonies. 

What Clients Say

Discover firsthand testimonials showcasing the exceptional service and satisfaction experienced by those who have entrusted Montano Law Group with their immigration needs.

Choosing Montano Law Group was the best decision I made for my immigration journey. Their team's expertise and dedication ensured a smooth process, and I felt supported every step of the way. Highly recommend their services!
I can't thank Montano Law Group enough for their exceptional assistance in resolving my immigration issues. Their professionalism, attention to detail, and genuine care for their clients truly sets them apart. I wholeheartedly endorse their services to anyone in need of expert legal guidance.

Meet Our Attorney

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Rome Doel
CEO & Lawyer
Ellisa Doel
Consumer Lawyer
Jonath Doel
Criminal Lawyer
Duncan Doel
Family Lawyer

Need Advice from Expert Lawyers?

Get an Appointment Today!

Latest News

Stay informed and up-to-date with the latest developments, insights, and updates from Montano Law Group, your trusted source for immigration expertise and legal guidance.

By Jenny Doel
Why legal research is the only skill you really need

Criminal Laws | JULY 10, 2020

By Jonathan Doel
How to success your case with our Law Firm

Tips Laws | Mar 15, 2020

By Jenny Doel
Why legal research is the only skill you really need

Criminal Laws | JULY 10, 2020


I’m the attorney you want on your side!